The Let Us Lead The Way – Snow Plow Safety campaign, is an Ontario Road Builders Association (ORBA) initiative to educate Ontarians on the best winter driving practices and dangers of passing snow plows. This campaign has been expanded to include information on the role of the winter maintenance service partner and the role of all drivers on Ontario’s roads each winter.
Our goal is multi-tiered: to help drivers understand that when they see the flashing blue light they need to slow down and let snow plow operators lead the way; to provide information on what is to be expected prior to, during and after winter storms; and to remind drivers of safe winter driving rules and tips.
The Ontario Road Builders’ Association (ORBA) is the provincial voice of approximately 200 road building contractors and suppliers. Our members build and maintain Ontario’s provincial highway system, municipal roads and bridges and other public transportation infrastructure projects. ORBA members employ over 25,000 workers in Ontario.
Objectives of the Association include:
- To develop and maintain the highest standards of construction and business methods in the road building industry;
- To promote accident prevention and worker health and safety;
- To promote the benefits of infrastructure investment by governments at all levels;
- To consider forms of contract, specifications and bonds and to make representation to public and private sector officials relative thereto;
- To provide education and training for the purpose of enhancing the quality of workmanship and managerial expertise of member companies;
- To be a source of information, investigation and research pertaining to contracting and engineering methods;
- To promote cooperative liaison between members and all public departments and agencies;
- To promote better understanding and goodwill between the industry and the public.